July 24, 2013
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!Job Description
The Wellness Manager will plan, coordinate and implement comprehensive health and wellness programs across North American sites. Independently direct management, operation and expansion of Wellness programs through contracted staff located at Wellness Centers. Partner with vendors, contractors, employees, Wellness Center members, communications team and other stakeholders to design, implement and evaluate innovative programs and meet Wellness Program goals.
- Expand innovative wellness programs throughout employee population in U.S. and Canada focused on population health management and risk reduction.
- Build and promote a sustainable culture of health at Devon.
- Leverage employee champion network and establish peer mentoring model for program delivery.
- Oversee vendor to successfully design and deliver biometric screenings and health risk assessment activities across employee population annually and effectively utilize data resulting from those efforts.
- Assist in design and maintenance of annual operations budget.
- Manage and promote ongoing awareness, marketing, education, programs and interventions for all employees, including members of onsite Wellness Centers.
- Hire, train, and supervise additional full and part-time personnel as needed.
- Maintain annual strategic program plan and integrated Wellness calendar.
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative research as needed to design successful programs, campaigns and interventions.
- Track and maintain progress toward Wellness Program goals and provide regular updates. Coordinate with new medical clinic to integrate health and wellness programs into clinic programming.
- Assist in incentive design, blending intrinsic and extrinsic motivation as appropriate.
- Maintain confidential records of all participants
- Attend meetings as needed
- Maintain a clean, organized working environment.
- Maintain a high level of teamwork and cooperation with fellow employees and work independently as needed on projects.
- Maintain a high level of communication and reporting structure with immediate supervisor.
- Maintain a positive attitude and contribute toward a quality work environment.
- Support the Devon core values
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Required bachelor’s degree in Wellness Management, Health Promotion, or related field, master’s degree preferred;
- Required C.H.E.S or equivalent level certification, M.C.H.E.S preferred
- Minimum of three years of work/supervisory experience in Wellness Management, Health Promotion, Health Education, Public Health or equivalent field.
- Preferred experience in population-based lifestyle management programs focused on tobacco cessation, stress management and weight management.
- Preferred Registered Dietitian or Bachelor’s degree in Nutrition
- Must show a work history of innovative program design, implementation and evaluation with the ability to take atypical ideas from conception to completion.
- Must be willing to travel up to 25% of work hours and seasonally (3- 4 months) potentially higher.
- Must maintain current knowledge of the worksite wellness industry and population health best practices.
- Must be certified by a nationally recognized organization such as NCHEC, ADA, ACSM, etc.;
- Must have excellent communication, presentation, organization, supervision, and computer skills.
- Must also have exceptional customer relations skills and positive attitude.
- Must be a self-starter and a team player.
- Must be passionate about employee wellness and desire to be with an organization aggressively pursuing its wellness goals.
Qualified candidates please apply to our website at http://jobs.dvn.com.